Stream & Water Quality Links
Macroinvertebrates and Bioassessment
- Aquatic Invertebrates Tour — BMI Digital Reference Collection from the California Aquatic Bioassessment Laboratory
- Bioassessment in California — From the Sustainable Land Stewardship Institute
Watershed Information and Maps
- Adopt Your Watershed (USEPA) — More information about watersheds, and to find a watershed in the U.S.
- Sacramento County Watershed Map — Interactive map showing the locations and boundaries of several watersheds in Sacramento County
Watershed Groups and Stewardship Opportunities
- American River Watershed Portal — Information on people and projects associated with the North, Middle and South Forks of the American River
- Arcade Creek Project — A multidisciplinary stream study on Arcade Creek in Sacramento County run by students a Mira Loma High School
- American River Conservancy — Information about projects, programs and land conservation on the South Fork American River — Become a steward
- Cosumnes River Preserve — Information about The Nature Conservancy’s preserve along the Cosumnes River
- Dry Creek Conservancy — Get involved with a local watershed group promoting stewardship of the Dry Creek Watershed in Placer and Sacramento Counties
- Laguna Creek Watershed Council — Get involved with a local watershed group promoting stewardship of the Laguna Creek Watershed in Sacramento County
- River Network – Information on river stewardship and support for watershed groups
- Sacramento River Watershed Program — News on issues and stewardship projects in the Sacramento River Watershed
- Sacramento Urban Creeks Council – Information about activities and issues related to streams in Sacramento County
- South Yuba River Citizens League — Get involved with a watershed group promoting stewardship of the South Yuba River watershed in Nevada County
- Urban Creeks Council — Information on urban creeks in California.
Stormwater Runoff Information
- Polluted Runoff (USEPA) — The do’s and don’t of urban stormwater.
- Stormwater Management Program — Stormwater runoff information from the City of Sacramento
- Stormwater Quality Program — Stormwater information and community action opportunities from the County of Sacramento
- National Stormwater Center — A comprehensive information library for stormwater related issues
- Wastewater Treatment — More information on how a wastewater treatment facility works from the Sacramento County Regional Sanitation District
Flooding and Stream Levels
- Sacramento County Rainfall and Stream Level Information System — Find current stream level conditions and recent precipitation totals at sites along Sacramento County streams
- NEMO, University of Connecticut — Using science, policy, and nature together to build communities with a new vision for watershed management
- Stormwater Manager’s Resource Center — An information library to help understand watershed function and management
- NEMO California Partnership — More information on low impact development design solutions for California
Miscellaneous Watershed Stewardship
- Green Map System – Start a volunteer watershed mapping project at your school or in your community
Couldn’t find the link you needed?
- Use http://www.countyoffice.org/ to find the county office you are looking for.