Splash is Hiring!
Thanks for all your applications!
NOTE: Application period has ended.
This is a new position at Sacramento Splash. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the volunteer coordinator will recruit, onboard, and manage volunteers to improve the organization’s operations. Splash uses StrengthsFinder 2.0 to identify people’s talents and strengths and to build a well-rounded team.
Organization: Sacramento Splash
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Hours per week: 20 (flexible schedule)
Annual salary range: $18,720 – $26,000 (based on experience)
- Survey and interview key stakeholders within the organization to determine volunteer needs. Present findings to the Executive Director with recommendations for new volunteer positions and suggested framework for a comprehensive volunteer-management system.
- Write clear, concise job descriptions for all volunteer positions.
- Assemble Volunteer Training Manual and written protocol for training all incoming volunteers
- Recruit and interview potential volunteers (includes quickly identifying strengths and personality traits to determine best position).
- Plan and organize staffing for public and donor events.
- Attend and coordinate volunteer-staffed work parties (mostly evenings and weekends).
- Keep accurate volunteer records using the organization’s database and produce periodic reports on volunteer engagement, including number of volunteers, positions filled and vacant, retention, and total hours of service.
- Nurture and recognize volunteers through day-to-day gestures and special events.
- Attend staff meetings and, upon request, board meetings.
- Other duties, as required.
- Must enjoy connecting with people, in general, and volunteers, in particular
- Ability to quickly “read” people to determine which positions might best use their strengths
- Ability to visualize events and anticipate staffing needs
- Extremely organized with ability to manage complex projects
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Team player with a demonstrated history of working well with others
- Sense of humor
- Love of nature
- Previous volunteer and/or event coordination experience
- Previous education or experience as a naturalist
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by Thursday, September 15, 2016. In the body of your email, briefly explain why this position appeals to you and highlight what you would bring to Splash in your role as Volunteer Coordinator.