Patricia Abraham – Art Show Judge
Born in Wisconsin, Patricia Abraham received much of her education there before moving to California in 1981. She started teaching in 1973 and painting in 1968 while she was still living in Wisconsin. Splash is honored that she accepted our invitation to judge our first show – Vernal Pool Visions.
Pat Abraham received her Bachelor degree in Fine Arts from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. She also studied at the American Academy of Art in Chicago and for two months in 1985 at the Zhejiang Academy of Art in Hangzhou, China. She has taken numerous additional workshops throughout the years.
Ms. Abraham established California Watercolor Workshops, Ltd in 1985, which continued to operate until 2007. She currently teaches three weekly watercolor classes.
The following publications were authored by Ms. Abraham:
• The Art of Layering, Making Connections – 2004
• Watercolor Painting 101 – a Teaching Workbook – 2001
• The Artistic Touch 4 – 2010, The Artistic Touch 3- 1999, The Artistic Touch – 1995
Shows and Awards
• The shows and awards earned by Ms. Abraham are listed
• 53rd Annual Lodi Spring Art Exhibition
• Signature American Watercolor Exhibition 2013
• Crocker/ Kingsley 2012
• Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition 2012 (painting used on cover of catalog)
• Western Colorado National Exhibition 2009 and 2004
• Missouri Watercolor National 2008 – Award
• 1979, 1980, 1986 (award) Midwest Watercolor Society (Name changed to Transparent Watercolor Society of America)
• California State Fair 1988 Award of Excellence
• Roseville, California National Exhibit 1997 – Best of Show
• Invited – 108th Easter Egg Roll at the White House 1988 (invited by Nancy Reagan)
• Many solo and group shows
Paint Box Gallery – Ephraim, Wisconsin